The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Glock 19 for CC. I find it a bit too large for summer carry and I'm not crazy about dropping down to a .380.

What are your summer carry rig recommendations?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Re: Shorts and T-shirt Concealled Carry

kahr makes some small 9mm. never been a fan of the micro glocks although I love the full and mid size. Keep the 19 and run a inside the pants holster in the sob.

·
Registered
753 Posts

Summer handgun is a S&W model 360 with a Uncle Mikes inside the pocket holster. Doc in Pa.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

I don't know how anyone can conceal anything bigger than the little "pocket" autos while in a t-shirt & shorts, and still have any kind of mobility. (reaching & bending over)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

wimp said:
I don't know how anyone can conceal anything bigger than the little "pocket" autos while in a t-shirt & shorts, and still have any kind of mobility. (reaching & bending over)
My S&W 442 38+P is easily concealed with a pocket holster and shorts...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

Glock 36 or 17 in a Galco IWB holster...simple! Sometimes a Taurus 85 .38 in a pocket holster usually located in a cargo pocket.

Concealing a gun on your side is 90% mental...you see it because you know its there.

·
Registered
769 Posts

Kel tec 3AT in my pocket every day. just make sure you buy some good defensive ammo.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
a good quality concealment holster is the key. you can carry a full size pistol and with the right holster no-one could tell. grant you they are pricey but well worth it.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Loose fitting t-shirts,cargo shorts and a kydex holster like the FIST holster or the tried and true hammerless snubnose 38.

·
Registered
96 Posts
i have a Kahr 40CW - i have really small hands (small gloves, i know) and it is perfect. I looked at the glocks and the XD's and loved them, but they were a little to boxy for me 2 carry. You can't tell i am ever carrying it. i just have an uncle mikes holster

·
Registered
26 Posts
Second the Crossbreed Supertuck. Spend the money for comfort and the best IWB holster on the market. I carry a XD subcompact, and you would never know it with the Supertuck. Check out their videos on their website and Youtube. Many good reviews on XDTalk also.

·
Registered
295 Posts
another crossbreed supertuck fan here. i carry my walther pps in one with shorts and a tshirt all the time with no problem and i am a smaller guy

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Taurus model PT-111Ti weighs only 16 ounces unloaded, with an overall length of just over six inches.
Pistol will slip easily into a front shorts pocket.
I wasn't much of a Taurus fan but this goes with me more then the glock.
For the money it is a sweet little gun.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Those using the IWB, how do you not print when you twist or bend over or reach forward?
The only thing I feel i can conceal IWB is a little 3AT. That obviously fits in a pocket as well. Even so much as bumping up to a Taurus Millenium I feel like its impossible unless I have a ridiculously baggie shirt and just stand straight up.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts