The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd start this thread to give a place to post shoots that are totally traditional (like Denton Hill) or at least cater to traditional archers (like Chestnut Hill Archers in Morgantown). Feel free to add shoots in your area.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Re: Shoots that cater to traditional archery

Strictly Sticks 15th(?) annual Trad Rendezvous will be held June 6th and 7th. Shooting acutally starts Friday afternoon.

Free camping, vendors and several courses.

If you want more info., kick me a PM with you mailing addy and I'll mail out a flyer.

·
Registered
420 Posts

Baltimore Bowmen Traditional Classic in mid-May.Free camping,lots of vendors,swap meets,3 great courses

Sawmill in Morris,Pa in early July(kinda like a mini Denton Hill)

·
Registered
153 Posts

Standing stone (see add on this forum or click on the web link below) June 20-21.
5 different course + Aerials.
Free camping campers may set up on friday June 19 starting at 12:00 noon and pratice butts will open at that time.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Whittinghams Traditional Shoot starts tomorrow. From Pa.take 80 east,cross the Delaware into Jersey,hop off on exit 19
(Allamuchy) head north for about 15 min. Watch for signs.
Good people,good courses,good food.Fri. Sat. Sun.

·
Registered
390 Posts

In the opening post, Buckethead references one of the big ones which is the Eastern Traditional Archery Rendezvous at Denton Hill. For those not familiar with it and who want to plan ahead, it is July 23-26 this year. See the following link for information. http://www.archeryfestivals.com/etar.php

·
Registered
390 Posts

Got this from a friend. "The second annual Timberlake Lodge Traditional Rendezvous, Recurves, long bows, and self bows. Timberlake Lodge Rockland Hunting Reserve. 394 Titus Road, Kennerdell, Pa. 16374 July 17, 18, 19. Two twenty target 3-D courses, Bow Raffle, Unlimited shooting, 8 dollars per day, 15 per weekend, Individual shooting. 12 years and younger free. 10 dollars flat fee for the weekend camping. Shoot starts at 8am Friday the 17th. For more information or directions, call Jack 814-498-2701"

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Hawkeye Bowmen Traditional Shoot
Aug 21-23
13300 Clinton Street (Rt 354)
Marilla, New York
selfbow.tripod.com

·
Registered
246 Posts

SHADE MOUNTAIN ARCHERY CLUB, IT IS THIS FRI. SAT. SUN.
2 3D COURSES SPAGHETTI SUPPER SAT. $6.00 ALL YOU CAN EAT,NOVELTIES,DEALERS,AND A LOT OF FUN. LOCATED IN BEAVERTOWN
CALL 570-473-1754 FOR INFO.
Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
390 Posts

Just got a flyer on this one: Timber Lake Traditional Archery Deer Season Warm-Up and Fishing Day. Both archery and fishing on Saturday Sept. 26th and archery only on Sunday, Sept. 27th. This is advertised as a family affair and Kids 16 and under are admitted free. Location: Timber Lake Lodge, Rockland Hunting Reserve, 394 Titus Road, Kennerdell, PA. For more details call Jack @ 814-498-2701 (or 814-758-1061) and Ron @ 814-498-2222 (or 814-673-9178).

·
Registered
19,942 Posts

You know, George, if you weren't goofing off on the computer, you could have been shooting with Bull and I tonight! He shot better than last week and neither of us lost an arrow! He still can't get past that target panic.

·
Registered
390 Posts

Steve, yeah I know. Always enjoy shooting with you and Bull but I had to work a little later last night. Plus, with neither of you losing an arrow you were probably around the course before I could have got there. How was the trip to camp? You and the Bullster shooting next week?

·
Registered
19,942 Posts

I'll be there. Bull gave his standard "The way I shot tonight, I don't know" He's shooting that ABO trad shoot in Erie this weekend as is Jarred, Iris and her husband.

·
Registered
390 Posts

I may make it Wednesday. Guess the IBO Trad Shoot this weekend at the Gem City Club in McKean, PA (off I79 near Erie) will be a nice event with some big names and vendors. Counting the Erie members, I believe there will be quite a few Bowbenders there. Also hear that Rainbow Archery Club, outside of Franklin has the Bowhunter Weekend this Saturday and Sunday. However, I think it is open to both wheel and trad bow shooters.

·
Registered
390 Posts

For any traditional shooters in the Mercer County area, the Bowbenders Club is shooting indoors at Bill's Field and Stream (Rt. 18, past the Shenango Dam towards Greenville) on Sunday afternoons 4 - 6. The cost is $6 and goes directly to Bill's. Don't have to be a member to shoot, so come on out, we would like to meet you. Ask for George, Bull, Calvin or Gary. P.S. MISS YOU BUCKETHEAD.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I too like Baltimore Bowman's! You would think that you are in northern PA by the scenic courses set up. I made a selfbow there one year at a class. Each year is entertainment such as Byron Ferguson. Great Shoot!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts