The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it might be nice to be in a black powder shoot sometime. Does anyone know of any in the Armstrong County area? Neither my gun or garb are traditional looking, but my gun is a flinter. So it can't be one that requires period correctness.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Don`t know of any in Armstrong Co. The Jefferson County Longrifles is located just south of Brookville. Points are taken away if not period dressed but points are added if shooting a Flinter. Nice bunch of guys and filled with a lot of experience in Blackpowder shooting. Covered range and excellent Woodwalk. The Winter Rhondy should be coming up soon. Regular shoots start in March.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
independent mountain of pa is in emlenton pa have a shoot and rendevous and shoot on feb 12 13 14 you can shoot but if not in primative cloths you can win any prizes plus they have shoots starting in april through oct

·
6,450 Posts
the dayton district sportsmens club in dayton pa has muzzleloader shoots once a month starting now i think they are in the phone book and the answering service gives you a list of upcoming events

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
We used to shoot at Dayton Sp. Club, when they had them a couple years ago. You would bring a $5.00 prize and the winner of the shoot got to pick first. Everybody went Home with a prize.Be nice ro see it start up again....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, the Independent Mountainmen of PA sounds like the closest spot to me.

I see on their website they have a Ham Shoot the first weekend of April any of you guys know anything about that event.

Thanks for all the posts.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
what do you need to know iam range captain any side lock gun /iron sites / we shoot chicken eggs on string at 47-50yrds steal targets at about 75 clay birds hangin at 100 yrd and the kids shoot eggs at around 27 yrd $1.oo a shot 50/50 and good food//// the monthly shoots are trail walks we have 3 different courses plus the hawk and knife any thing else you need

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Hey I like the egg idea----I could do that here out back for the kids....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mountainman09 said:
what do you need to know iam range captain any side lock gun /iron sites / we shoot chicken eggs on string at 47-50yrds steal targets at about 75 clay birds hangin at 100 yrd and the kids shoot eggs at around 27 yrd $1.oo a shot 50/50 and good food//// the monthly shoots are trail walks we have 3 different courses plus the hawk and knife any thing else you need
Well my fiber optic sights ends that idea. Let me modify what I am looking for. I don't want like a lottery thing--more like just to see others shoot, see some custom guns up close, and for maybe an experienced shooter to see me shoot/load and make suggestions on what I could do better.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
you if want to come up and shoot then come on up ill shoot with you or anybody that wants to shoot iam no professonal but ill be glad to help you out ive helped other guys before and thats what makes this a fun sport so any time just let me know when

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
we have a great time with the kids and eggs it seem that when the kids are shooting everybody leaves the adult stand to watch the kids

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mountainman09 said:
you if want to come up and shoot then come on up ill shoot with you or anybody that wants to shoot iam no professonal but ill be glad to help you out ive helped other guys before and thats what makes this a fun sport so any time just let me know when
Thanks mountainman09 I'll figure out a day and PM you to see if it works for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts