The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have not been up that way in a while, pass by yesterday, and a "for lease" sign in the yard. what happened? did they move?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Oh no. Now there will be no stocked trout tournament on a world famous wild trout stream. Why a waterfowl shop they should have a trout tournament is beyond me, but I will not miss it.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Just guessing ...... One messed up mismanaged business.

Started out REALLY nice! Top of the line waterfowl stuff for sale. Then, for whatever reason the owner(s) got into archery, dumped a lot of $$ into building addition and 3D achery equipment. They even opened a store in Lancaster.

I'm guessing too much, too soon .... and no real experience at running a business???

Then a BIG operator came in and took over. What a joke. The little watefowl stuff they sold was JUNK. Product brands you never heard of.

It doesn't surprise me it ended this way.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts

Guns! Guns! Guns! People want guns! This is Trop Gun Shop, Elizabethtown PA this morning at the start of a big sale.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yeah, went past trop this morning on my way to harrisburg for work and cars were lined up on Cloverleaf Road on both sides. Crazy what the government is doing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Trop is a JOKE. They put out a 3-day flier with sale items. By mid-afternoon Friday (the first day), they were sold out of most of the items they had listed on their flier. Also, the parking was illegal along the road. If they plan to have more sales like this, they should build a new parking lot. I did shop in that store about once a week, but since the new owner took over it has turned into a joke. We will shop at Kinsey's--just up the road.

·
Registered
732 Posts
grizz01 said:
Trop is a JOKE. They put out a 3-day flier with sale items. By mid-afternoon Friday (the first day), they were sold out of most of the items they had listed on their flier. Also, the parking was illegal along the road. If they plan to have more sales like this, they should build a new parking lot. I did shop in that store about once a week, but since the new owner took over it has turned into a joke. We will shop at Kinsey's--just up the road.
Enjoy the way overpriced items at Kinsey's. Usually when a business has their parking lot full they must be doing something right. Ever see that with old owners? Nope

·
Registered
439 Posts
It is near impossible to operate a small business in this economy especially for non essential items, The car companies are only selling cars because the average age of a car on the road is 11 years an all time high.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The thing I don't like about Trop now is that they have moved mostly into black guns. While that is whats selling really well right now, Trop used to have a great traditional hunting gun selection. They wouldn't order the new browning A5 I wanted or the Cooper rifle I wanted. They are authorized dealers for both. It seemed really stupid to turn down cash sales with the economy like it is. I will look elsewhere for my guns now.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Well then I guess i should say tactical firearms to be more politically correct. Although no one has ever called me that.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Someone was showing me Trop's facebook page and it showed the 7 or so boxes of ammo on the shelves and a few other boxes of some other caliber. I'm sure it was gone in a flash.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
jguns2002 said:
Springspan said:
The thing I don't like about Trop now is that they have moved mostly into black guns
That is very racist my friend!!!
Really!?! I hope you aren't serious. You do realize they're called black guns because they're "tactical" firearms and the guns themselves are almost always black in color.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Bearklr said:
jguns2002 said:
Springspan said:
The thing I don't like about Trop now is that they have moved mostly into black guns
That is very racist my friend!!!
Really!?! I hope you aren't serious. You do realize they're called black guns because they're "tactical" firearms and the guns themselves are almost always black in color.
Are you sure? I could tell by the tone of his typing.....I think he was talking about the "other" black!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts