The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one recommen a good stick under 30.00 bucks
I was thinking in buying one do I need NO NOT REALLY.
I made a set out of 1/2 wooded dowels and used a small nut a screw to hold them together I cut them at 36" taped the cross stick part seems o.k.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I have a pair of old full length arrows that are lashed together 4" from the top with paracord and superglued in place.

the tip sockets are 8/32 thread I believe and you can fashion extensions and jam nuts to make them adjustable with another piece of arrow and some field points. They work well, and are quiet after some application of electrical tape. I also was thinking about filling them with expando foam. I had all the parts laying around...so I guess they were free.

If I was gonna go buy anything to use for this, i'd get a pair of fiberglass rod driveway reflectors from home depot. they are 42" long and the reflector is just glued on. snap it off, and paint them flat black you'll be good to go.

they are near the mailboxes.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I bought on from wally world for $10 last year and it works awesome. It packs to about 18" and extends to probably 48". Has a simple "Y" top to rest your gun on. The only thing I would recommend is to run a screw in the side where the "Y" goes into the alum tube since it seems to wiggle loose after extended use.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pick up one to day from dicks $10.00 has a fixed V type rubber pad were the stock fits and 3 section were the rod goes from 18" to 62"
I think it was made by field @ stream but made in tiwan

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
i have 2 knees...they work awesome when one is tired you use the other one and its free and you wont forget it ever.

also they can really help you walk

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
wooden dowl rods and a nut and bolt, if your really feeling into it drill some holes into the bottom of the dowls and cut of the heads of screws and glue them in, for a good solid point in the ground

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Where I have a stand with potential for over 80 yd. shots, I usually have a bipod or tripod lashed together with nylon string using typical square lashings. making a tripod really makes the unit much more stable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts