The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
i was there a month ago. the old range is completely gone. the new one looks similar to the one in archbald with the dirt burms all around it. it was very swampy and muddy so i would guess its not gonna open until spring when they can get some grass to grow or something because its sloppy now.

·
Banned
4,279 Posts
I drove by the new range two weeks ago. One big muddy mess with lots of standing water. A lot of work still needs to be done before this will open. A large “earth mover” truck was dumping fill at the site when I was there. FT

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yeah, it's too bad they had to move it. It was nice to be able to do some shooting and then just walk over to the river to try for trout.

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
Mauser, I fished after shooting several times- just wasn't enjoyable at all for me. You can do the same now if you wish- just a different flow of water. Good luck Keystonepaul

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Thanks for this update from this out-of-stater.

Spent many a muzzleloader session at the old range with my mentor. Will definitely switch ranges on my next trip. Get one closer to where my kin are now living.

Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just posted an update in the general hunting forum. Talked to the guy in charge of rebuilding the range. He said it should be ready to go by the end of this week. The rifle range is pretty much complete and they are finishing up the pistol range. He still does have some reservations about where it is placed, a couple of weeks ago he stopped up there with the land management officer and they caught a bunch of guys shooting at the dirt embankment. No target stands or benches were in place yet. The lmo asked for IDs and all of the shooters were NY cops that decided to come down and go shooting for the day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts