The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a couple of reports that roads near Geeseytown and Canoe Creek are shut down doe to a shooting, and I know someone who works at Altoona Hospital and the hospital announced of a shooting. Has anyone heard anything? I hope its not true.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BLAIR COUNTY, Pa. —

Multiple sources say one state trooper has been shot and another injured in a shooting on Juniata Valley Road just outside Geeseytown, Blair County.

6 News has been told that the troopers are expected to be OK.

The gunman is believed to be dead.

There are conflicting reports of other possible fatalities at several locations.

6 News is at the Geeseytown Fire Hall waiting for news briefings.

Stay with 6 News, WJACTV.com and WJACTV.com Mobile for continuing coverage as details become available.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sadly, one event prompts another, prompts another, prompts another...and the cycle continues. I would hedge my bets that there will be more of these events soon.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
GEESEYTOWN, BLAIR COUNTY - WTAJ News is learning of a shooting near Geeseytown, east of Hollidaysburg, that involves state troopers.

4 people are dead, 3 males and 1 female, in a shooting near Geeseytown. The suspect in the shooting is among the dead. 3 state troopers have also been injured, 1 of them was shot. The troopers' injuries are not life-threatening.

The crime scene is large in scale, and every Blair County unit is working the scene.

This started on a farm near Geeseytown on Juniata Valley Road Friday morning. We have not learned of a motive as of now.

The Blair County Emergency Management Agency's Facebook page says the situation at the scene is under control and there is no longer a threat to the community.

Link: http://wearecentralpa.com/fulltext?nxd_id=422912

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Read a press release on Yahoo news indicating the 3 Pa. Troopers were going to be o.k. Thank GOD for that.....hate to see something happen to the brother officers......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts