The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are laws regarding shooting ducks from a non-motorized boat. Does the boat need to be anchored/stationary or can it be floating?

·
Registered
730 Posts
it can still be moving while shooting, but if it is motorized then all forward motion from the said motor must have ceased...if you are floating at the same speed as current with no motor power you are ok

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
Me and a buddy tried that once, out of a Canoe in Hartstown swamp in Pymie. End result...... that water was COLDDDDDDD !!!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that canoes should only be used when the water temp is above 70 degrees and there should be no equipment inside them whatsoever! This conclusion is based on experience.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
John S said:
I have come to the conclusion that canoes should only be used when the water temp is above 70 degrees and there should be no equipment inside them whatsoever! This conclusion is based on experience.
My family used to live on the Delaware [great grandfather worked for LC&N CO] and I was never allowed to canoe b/4 Memorial Day. It seems every april/early May the Delaware claims someone. They didn't know the word hypothermia but working on the water, they knew the danger.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
About 15 years ago a my buddy and I decided that the most effective way for both of us to shoot at the ducks we jumped was to turn the canoe sideways like a destroyer as we floated the Conewanga. To make a long story bearable, we hit a rock and both of us and two guns hit the water. The only smart thing that we did do that day was to tie a thin rope from each sling to a boat bumper. That is the only reason we were able to recover the guns. A couple of days later we were at Pymatuming to receive our goose blind assignment when we pulled two soaking wet licenses/stamps from our holders. The PGC officer looked at us and said "I'm sure there is an embarassing story behind this." Yep.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Watched two guys and a Lab at Geneva one time, they wheeled around to shoot at some woodies, canoe did a 360-degree spin. When it came back upright the Lab was still sitting in the middle.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
With the help of two labs and way too much equipment throwin the front compartment, I once converted a 14 foot jon boat to a sub!! LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts