The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six downstate men were charged early Saturday
morning after a shooting incident near Cherry Springs in Potter County.

State Police said the shooting came from two different camps located off Route 44 in Summit Township.

Troopers said the men were charged after they discharged numerous rounds of ammunition during early morning hours (3:00 am) over a prolonged period of time, in response to each others' shooting of increased intensity.

The activity disturbed several residents of the Cherry Springs area.

The men charged are:

Camp #1--Anthony John Ouimet Jr., 23, 420 W. Chestnut Street, Apt. 1, Perkasie, PA, Travis Ralph Shaak, 24, 461 S 10th St, Apt. B 303, Quakertown, PA.

Camp #2--Brian Matthew Ruoss, 28, 610 Charles Drive, Gilbertsville, PA, Robert James Yost III, 28, 625 Clayhor Ave., Collegeville, PA, Isiah Alan Lenko, 22, 590 W. Neversink Road, Reading, PA, and Joseph Andrew Weinhold, 36, 301 Broad Street, Nox 222, Terre Hill, PA.

Each of the men will answer charges of DISORDERLY CONDUCT through District Court 55-3-01 in Coudersport.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
How much ya wanna bet it started out with "Here, hold my beer...."?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Nothing good comes from shooting any firearm after legal day light hours. (unless you are predator hunting, legally)I hear gun shots at night on occasion (single shots) but last night heard someone popping off round after round around 9pm.......and I'm sure that was a "here, hold my beer and watch this" moment. During day light hours, I don't even flinch when I hear shots but my neighbors get all worried about someone shooting. As I tell them, move into the woods and you get what comes with it....animals, the occasional black out, guys riding down the street on their quad and people shooting their guns. Don't like it, head back to the city......and you'll still hear the guns.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
the way i see it there is a time and place foreverything and 3am is not the time i cant even fill bad for those guys they get what they get

·
Super Moderator
4,590 Posts
It's a misdemeanor.They will get a fine and be good to go.Even if they don't show at the hearing.They will be better off not showing up than wasting time,gas and taking a day off to show up.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Just had two morons arrested for reckless endangerment last week in Lanc Co. They were target shooting with handguns in the one guys back yard and the bullets were going into a chruch camp ground full of people. They hit a car and a building.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
John S said:
Just had two morons arrested for reckless endangerment last week in Lanc Co. They were target shooting with handguns in the one guys back yard and the bullets were going into a chruch camp ground full of people. They hit a car and a building.

What a bunch of morons. Now those idiots need reprimanded

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
John S said:
idiots..

·
Registered
184 Posts
they should of confiscated there guns...Those are the kinds of people that give us other gun owners a bad name. Dumb!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I remember reading on another (PA) gun forum, where a man was cited for DC because he was shooting at night on his own property. The charge was dismissed, because he did nothing wrong. There was no law/ordinance that prohibited him from discharging a weapon.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
As much as this pains me to type, is there any ordinance that makes it illegal to discharge firearms at night? I know this is just common sense, but is it really illegal to shoot at a target with a backstop provided that it is lite up?

In a previous post someone typed that nothing good comes from shooting after legal light . . . I think that I can prove that wrong if someone breaks into my house when I am home . . . man it will get ugly if my wife and kids are here also. Just sayin'

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Fly guy...that's common sense and shooting an intruder would be my reaction too. The hail of 12 gauge and 9mm bullets they would get would make their 3am a bad one....you don't have to prove anything on that one.

My point is shooting guns, for fun, targets, or plain drunken stupidity is not wise after dark.....plain and simple. If someone can't wait until it's light out to shoot a gun, they are exactly the person who should wait until it's light out to shoot a gun....

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
In most places it would be considered disturbing the peace to start firing off rounds at 3am waking up neighbors.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts