The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have any easy to follow plans for a perminant shooting bench? i am not much of a carpenter but i can follow instuctions. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
Here is set of plans that I followed to build mine. I made a couple of slight modifications like I didn't bury the posts in the ground so I could move mine if I wanted. This was pretty easy and quick to build. It is also very sturdy.

http://www.horstguns.com/services/shooting-bench

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
NICE LINK cspot! That is now on my summer to-do list!!

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Nice plans, thanks cspot.
Treestand, step 1 build it, and most importantly, step 2, use it!
Hahaha

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Since our range doubles as our driveway I made a portable bench out of an old school desk. Despite the 3' length of the top it is not tipsey. can always put a few rocks under the seat. works well for lefties too. Just drag to the side of the drive when done.

·
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
m77lewis said:
Nice plans, thanks cspot.
Treestand, step 1 build it, and most importantly, step 2, use it!
Hahaha
thanks for the link cspot

and lew i knew i didnt have any buddies with any carpentry skills to help so i went this route.....as far as using it its mostly for Coltin ive got mad skills in that department....hope you sensed the sarcasim

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I built one very similar for camp. I used 4x4 for the 5 legs and 2x6 for the top and seats. Very heavy so it's rock solid, great bench. I didn't bury the legs so we could move it if necessary.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i built the horst guns bench as well for my backyard range. really nice and easy. very sturdy and solid as a rock. materials were around $100. i am going to build 2 more for my 75 yard and 25 yard ranges.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I built the horst bench as well. I covered the seat area and bench top with TREX decking and did 1/4 inch round over to rout the edges. Very happy with how it came out.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
cspot said:
Here is set of plans that I followed to build mine. I made a couple of slight modifications like I didn't bury the posts in the ground so I could move mine if I wanted. This was pretty easy and quick to build. It is also very sturdy.

http://www.horstguns.com/services/shooting-bench
I used that same plan to build our range bench. QUICK,EASY and only cost about $150 for materials!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts