The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
lanchestercounty.....Your avatar has made me blow chunks of stuff on my screen!! That's the funniest one I've seen in forever!!!

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Actually Ron....it was me. Usually I wear my Red cape and just fly in cars like that. But there were way too many people around....and I knew with my ultra-hyper sensory perception that it was being filmed.

So..I couldn't disclose my super-hero crime fighting "real" me.

Seth....the red cape flyer. (like flyer bullets at the range)

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Was getting ice cream with the wife once at a little driveup place near our home. We're eating ours when a car pulls up with a man and woman in it and he gets out to get in line. All of the sudden the woman starts screaming and the car is moving towards the building. The guy never put it in park. The guy comes running over and jumps in between the car and the building and is trying to stop it! LOL I hand my ice cream to my wife and run over, whip the door open and dive in and slam my hand on the brake before the dude gets squished. The car has a full console so the wife couldn't get to the pedal. She grabs the shifter that was in between the seats and slams it all the way back into "1". I grab it from her and slam it into park. LOL Pretty funny. They were thanking me profusely, a couple people told me "Nice work!" and my wife says "My hero." ha

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Actually.....that wasn't Adam at all. It was me....but I didn't want any credit for it....so I quickly made up a false "Adam" name...told the story...then found a local "Adam" and hypnotized him and his wife and convinced them it was Adam who did this good deed.

Just part of being a super hero.

SW

Oh...Good job Adam.

·
Administrator
28,246 Posts
Sethwood said:
Actually.....that wasn't Adam at all. It was me....but I didn't want any credit for it....so I quickly made up a false "Adam" name...told the story...then found a local "Adam" and hypnotized him and his wife and convinced them it was Adam who did this good deed.

Just part of being a super hero.

SW

Oh...Good job Adam.
It doesnt matter which of you played the Hero. My ex hasnt gotten parallel parking right in forty years and that little bit of intervention isnt gonna change things one bit.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
DIYASUB said:
It doesnt matter which of you played the Hero. My ex hasnt gotten parallel parking right in forty years and that little bit of intervention isnt gonna change things one bit.
When I buy a new car....which isn't all that often...they come with nice shiny aluminum wheels. All pretty 'n shiny with a coating of "protection" stuff on 'em. I always snicker when the sales guy tells me about the wheel protection "stuff."

Nobody could make a product that tough.

After a few years, my shiny aluminum wheels with the protective coating, look like a Baghdad Humvee that's ready for the Baghdad junkpile.

I ask my wife...."Honey...did you see that curb?" And she answers..."What."

"Oh...nothing." After 30+ years...change is doubtful.

Actually.....that car in my Avatar is really my '68 Corvette. Now you see?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts