The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with T/C shock wave super glide sabots.I have a new t/c triumph and these are the first projectiles i have tried shooting through it.They advertise that there easy to load with one hand,well it took everything i had to get them down the barrel.I dont know if i could have loaded them in the woods in a hunting situation,i had to put my short ball starter on top of the ram rod to push it down,other wise the ram rod would just dig into my hand without the sabot even moving.I took two shots and didnt want to try loading a third,took gun home and cleaned it,then ran a patch with bore butter through barrel,loaded again still very hard to load.is this the norm? should i go with a different projectile?The few shots i did take they did seem to shoot good,just extremely hard to load for some reason.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
Not normal. The thicker HPH12 sabots that come with the SW take some pressure to load but not too bad. I wet patch with windex(w/vinegar) & then dry between each shot at the range.never tried the Super Glides.

·
Banned
900 Posts
My unlce has them and I have been there extensively while he shoots at the range. Not any issues loading. We do use lubed bores though. We run a lube patch (wonderlube) first. load charge, shoot, swab with wet, then dry, lube and the load charge again.

They are shooting consistant 1" groups at 50yds usuing Federal Fusion 209 primers.

I shoot them from an Encore, same procedures and groups alos with no issues.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Jester, just curious here, what kind of groups are you guys getting at 100? That is where the truth about the bullet will come out.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I don't have any problem loading the super glide sabots. The regular sabot was miserable to load so I switched.

I'm getting 2-3" groups at 100 yards with 80 grains of 777 out of an Omega.

·
Banned
900 Posts
2-3" with the encore. He does not shoot his triumph that far. I was still geting "flyers" so I changed to the .25acp ignition and have not really tuned it yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have been shooting my Encore with the TC Shock Wave with Super Glide sabots for a couple of years with no loading problems. Always a bit tight for the first 2-3" using a short bullet starter, then an easy push to the bottom with the ramrod. Cleaning with presoaked patches every three shots at range and every shot while hunting. I follow up with a prelubed BoreButter patch before loading.

Groups are 2" at 100 and 4" at 200 yds. Killed a big WT buck in Oklahoma last year at just over 250 and bullet performed perfectly dropping the buck in its tracks.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I shoot the 250gr Shockwaves(regular ones)in my inline and flintlock and am more than pleased with them.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts