The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Go with the trashbreaker if you can afford the extra cash over the classic 70. In my opinion, having range to spare is better than not.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I bought a Tri Tronics Trash Breaker years ago. It worked very well. Broke coon dogs and rabbit dogs with it. Then used the dummy collar for awhile after they got the treatment. It sure worked better than any of the other methods I tried and made hunting with the dogs so much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
351 Posts
One big plus for the tritronics is if something does go bad on them, they can be sent to The Collar Clinic for service which is way faster than sending them back to the manufacturer.
The trashbreaker does work great.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I do like the Sport Dogs tone way better, I can hear John's collar beeping from 20 yards away.

I am not a fan of the remote piece though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have sportsdog 1825,2 collars,1 beeper ad. d on to collar $300. In central nj,heading potter co for rifle soon or trade for rifle (06,270,7mm)

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Varmint,
The only dual dog collars we recommend to our clients are the older Dogtra T&B 2000 and before and the new DT H20 T&B, both collars are longevity dependable and have the Beeper up behind the dogs ears, oppsite the under slung shock unit, so the Beeper can be heard for long distances in the thick woods. Both units can be fully rebuilt after 12 - 15 years of dependable usage. I have 2 of the original Dogtra dual collar sets with the antennas and mini controllers, that are over 18 & 20 years old now. Dogtra still can rebuild them for me when they are damaged. They work like new unless one of my dogs damages a Beeper, the newer Dogtra 2000 units are also good but the antenna is molded into the collar, allowing for only 1 mile usage, the older antenna collars reach out almost double that. The DT H20 T&B Collars are good they reach out almost a mile, in the big forest, antenna also molded into the collar, with big running gun dogs this is very important.

Pine Creek/Dave
Pine Creek Grouse Dog Trainers

The DT H20 Dual Collar set with Antenna molded into the collar is on the right in the picture, the original older Dogtra Dual collar set with Antennas is on the left. Both
Quality longevity T&B Dual Collars.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
For a few more dollars than the trash breaker, you can get a tek one with track and train. It doesn't have the features of the Garmin, but a 2 dog setup can be found new for under 7 and used under 5. It has saved me countless hours finding hounds.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
John-PA said:
Smoke'n Mack said:
John-PA said:
Go with the sport dog 3225.
Sell out.
I'm just speaking from experience. I've owned both and I know which one is better.
SportDog's customer service is GREAT also! I know nothing about TT, I always had Sportdog and have no reason ever to change. My collars are still going strong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the 3225 also, no problems with them and are a little lighter and compact than TT. Which is nice to have less weight hanging on any dog.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts