The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought they were just a distributor, but now Im not sure, do they sell to the public?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Ron Shirk sells to the public and always has. he lost the distributor deal with S&W when they found that he sold to the public.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I found this on his web site: "The firearm license for Ron Shirk Shooting Supplies Inc expired on June 01, 2016.
The ATF only releases new licenses about once a month, so Ron Shirk Shooting Supplies Inc may have already re-newed his/her but it is not yet reflected in our database. Check back after the first of the month to see if it has been re-newed."

I have not been in his shop for about 18 years. I buy a lot of reloading components. Will have to visit his shop sometime.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Ron Shirk sells to the public and always has. he lost the distributor deal with S&W when they found that he sold to the public.
You obviously missed it when the Feds raided him and shut him down for years. He then became a distributor to dealers.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You obviously missed it when the Feds raided him and shut him down for years. He then became a distributor to dealers.
He was never shut down for years. He was closed for a few weeks if that, until the feds gathered their so called evidence from the business. He was never convicted of any crimes that would have prohibited him from keeping his FFL. As a matter of fact, he came out pretty clean in court in comparison to what the feds tried to hang on him which I believe was income tax evasion and under reporting the income of the business. Cost him a pretty good chunk of change to defend himself against charges that never amounted to much in the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts