The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bout how much should it cost to ship a shotgun via usps? Its an 870 Wingmaster with a 30" barrel.

·
Registered
846 Posts
figure 20-30 depending on delivery receipt, insurance, and what not. I shipped a O/U broken down in the original box insured for $1000, and it was like $30 bucks.

If you ship the wingmaster fully assembled, you may get into oversize package charges.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I used Fedex and with $1000 incurance it cost me $23 to ship to Missouri.

For sure take off the barrel and put it in a tube inside the case/box.

I ship in black plastic gun cases, with kraft paper overwrapped. I also make the exterior of the case with name et. And i always put a hang tag on the trigger guard with the name, address, etc. Can't get too many identifications on shipped goods.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Dont ship UPS they stole my 30-06 out at there New Stanton facility. It took 13 weeks to get my money back, I kept asking them what the hold up was and they said the ATF wasnt done with there investigation. So I called the ATF and UPS never reported it to them. (imagine that) The agent that I reported to told me UPS has the worst theft rate of any carrier for firearms. The postal service is rated as the best to ship firearms.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts