·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good idea? Bad idea? Legal?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
When we go out west I put it in my boots,in my duffle bag to ship it. It must be in the original box.never had a problem.

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When selling a long gun and shipping with-in the same state could it be shipped in the same box as the firearm?

·
Registered
12,352 Posts
I don't think it can be shipped together, I may be wrong. I've always just printed out a ORM-D and taped it on the box and gone to UPS.

·
Banned
751 Posts
YPU CAN NOT SHIP AMMO WITH A LONGGUN, IT MAKES IT POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. AS LONG AS IT IS IN ORIGINAL PACKAGING YOU CAN SHIP IT SEPERATE THOUGH

·
Registered
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Does the USPS need to know its ammo when shipped?

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
You can not ship any ammo throught the USPS......Must go UPS and in my opinion, the shipping fees make it almost ridiculous to do unless you ship a large amount.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
There are no extra shipping fees on ammo with UPS. They do not charge a Haz-Mat fee. I have done it a dozen times. I tell them exactly what is in the box. And on the sides of the box I write ORM-D and draw a rectangle around those letters. It cannot be shipped by AIR just UPS GROUND.
The rules are made by D.O.T. and not UPS but UPS follows those rules.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resources/ship/packaging/guidelines/firearms.html
SOME UPS stores will not accept ammo to ship. It is best to go to the closest MAIN shipping building for your area.

·
Registered
893 Posts
UPS does not charge haz-mat fee on ready made ammo.
They do charge if it is powder or primers , but make a loaded round with it and no fee.
Some dealers charge haz-mat fee if they want on ammo.
Some UPS clerks do not know the law or their companies policy and make stuff up.
You may draw a picture of the orm-d sticker , UPS also has these stickers for you to use.
Some UPS clerks don't know this either.
If you have trouble with a UPS clerk have them call the main UPS office and contact their Haz-mat division and they will set them straight.
You can only send ammo from a UPS central hub.
Not some UPS booth in staples or the mall.
You need the sticker or a drawing on the package.
Nothing over 50 cal
This is how it is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts