The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's been covered before but I can't find it using the search here.

Can someone provide the "how to" when it comes to shipping ammo

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
If you go to the post office, there is sign on the desk showing what is not allowed. Guess what is #1 on the list? Not sure about USPS or FedEx.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
US Post Office is out, thanks.

Anyone ship UPS or FedEx? I've never purchased ammo online and am going to be selling some ammo soon. If its not too much of a hassle I would consider shipping, but I want to have my ducks in a row before I make the offer.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Dont know about shipping..but i have bought about 2000 rds recently...and they have been shipped by ups,usps,dhl...the bigger purchase 250rd -1000 came ups...take taht back i did have 500 22lr come in the mail..so...if that helps dont know but i know how i received them

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have shipped quite a lot recently. What you have to do is pack/seal the ammo in any box, and mark ORM-D on the sides. If you google "ORM-D" a bunch come up that you can print out and put on the box. Take it to a UPS hub and ship it ground. I have had no hassle at all. Make sure you call first to make sure it is a hub. Ask if they accept ORM-D shipments. Most all UPS Stores do not accept ammo. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
That's because the UPS Stores are not part of or actually owned by UPS. They'll tell you this if you try to ship ORM-D stuff through them...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Some where in UPS reg. says you need to ship in a 200lb/ sq. inch weight box.
You can also give them to a UPS driver if you have printed the shipping labels online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts