The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to ship a Rifle? Please let me know. Last time I did it I went through a dealer and it was a mess. I would like to ship it by myself but who should I go through? Thanks

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I have always had good luck with USPS......

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I always get the ones I buy thru UPS. I guess if I were going to ship one that was going to be shipped back eventually I would I would buy one of those 40 buck plastic gun cases and ship it UPS or USPS.

If just using cardboard I would wrap it up good in foam or crushed newspaper and use a couple of boards in there too to keep it from getting bent.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
If your shipping in PA use the post office.
Pack it good and tight in a plain cardboard box. Don't allow any room for it to move inside box. Wouldn't want a barrel to come poking out during process. Take to PO - they will weight it and ask how you want it sent. I found that Priority mail, with insurance and return receipt works for me.
Mark it as fragile if they ask for the insurance. If they ask if it is a gun you can say yes. If they tell you they can't ship it they don't know what they are talking about. Ask to speak with the postmaster.
Pretty simple process, just like shipping anything else of value.
Need any more help. Let me know. Good luck!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
In state or out of state?

If within the state - you can use USPS or UPS.

Go on either of their sites and get guidance on what they need you to do.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of state, Minnesota

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
UPS and remember, it needs to be shipped to a FFL if being sold or traded.

Buy the sign for receipt proof of delivery and insure it well.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys I should have been more specific in my initial post. I do appreciate the help.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Buckeroo your over your pm limit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts