The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok let me share the latest---Hoyt ALphamax 32 $620 the HHA DS 5519 sight $155 QAD Pro Camo HD $115 Hard Case $75, 3.5 in. scoil stab. $16, free peep, free string loop, free paper sight. To be shipped tomorrow to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Did I get a good deal?? I told the wife I did please tell me so!!! LOL Just in time for late season deer !!!

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Can we acquire where you got such a good deal? I'm looking at the new Hoyt;s for next year.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may certainly ask! I found several on ebay and placed a bid up to the max that Mrs Bunky would allow. I kept getting out bid----finally I saw a dealer who didnt move it and sent him an email wondering if he would like to sell it for $$$ the actual name of the place is Bow ? Archery and supply----darn I will go look it up and post it to you all after I tuck the kids in bed later...sorry ---the brain at 44 slips some...LOL-----the dealers name is Tom somethng but seems great thus far.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Did you find the name yet? No hurry because my bow fund is only at $100 right now. All I'm asking for Christmas is donations in bow fund jar. The woman said that I have enough hunting stuff and that she will not buy anything related to hunting, even after I showed her how my limbs on my 10 yr old bow were wearing. I may go out the Friday after turkey day and shoot some bows. The dogs need a day off in between hunts.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
treed74 said:
Did you find the name yet? No hurry because my bow fund is only at $100 right now. All I'm asking for Christmas is donations in bow fund jar. The woman said that I have enough hunting stuff and that she will not buy anything related to hunting, even after I showed her how my limbs on my 10 yr old bow were wearing. I may go out the Friday after turkey day and shoot some bows. The dogs need a day off in between hunts.

Yep-----Bow Haven Archery and Sports Supply----I think--- I lost track of time last night designing a hunting map on the computer....

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Sounds like my set-up-- Alphamax 32 27.5" 60-70 lbs.

Got it "bloody" this year already and not looking to change for next year.

Now it's time to get the ProTec out for indoors and the Katera XL warmed up for 3D's.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPS says it will be here the 25th! Just in time!!! Hope its enough time to get used to it.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tanner said:
You're getting a great bow!

I hope you take Mrs. Bunky out to dinner for letting you get that.
I got Mrs Bunky a new front load washer and dryer, new refrigerator, and above the stove mount microwave for Christmas this year---she loves the new appliances!!

What a lucky woman she is!!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems like this year everything broke after nine years in our home....so we did our part to help stimulate the economy!! LOL-------Including sporting goods!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took the advise and suggestions from people here and Archery Talk so I figure I will be 100 percent happy!!

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Back to being MADDDDDD------bow will not get here until Nov 30th----its on the way but date rescheduled---I wish I had never have bought it this way---should have gone to Lancaster Archery PA or Autumn Sky Outfitters in Bel Air----Now I will have to use my old bow or my Flintlock this week! Glad I sighted them both in this weekend again! This guy will get a crappy review from me for sure!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Bunky said:
Back to being MADDDDDD------bow will not get here until Nov 30th----its on the way but date rescheduled---I wish I had never have bought it this way---should have gone to Lancaster Archery PA or Autumn Sky Outfitters in Bel Air----Now I will have to use my old bow or my Flintlock this week! Glad I sighted them both in this weekend again! This guy will get a crappy review from me for sure!
Was it rescheduled by UPS or the dealer? I don't see how a rescheduled delivery date should result in bad feedback if UPS rescheduled the delivery. It is a holiday week so I can see where UPS would push the delivery back.

I guess buying local could have saved you some headaches with waiting but you would have paid $100-150 more for the bow. The other benefit with buying local is when you have a problem or need something done the shop will usually take care of you since you bought the bow from them. Bringing in one from ebay doesn't sit as well. The other issue with the ebay deals is Hoyt will not honor the warranty on that bow. I think Hoyts are built very well, and rarely need work but when you put out that much $$ on a bow if something does go wrong it is nice to have that warranty.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Found it on ebay----wrong bow--so didnt buy it from ebay---ends up bought through dealer but way out of state

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
UGGHHH---for those who have watched and LAUGHED at this post---get this----it wasnt delivered on Thur. for obvious reasons---Fri UPS was also off as well as Sat and Sun----guess when I will finally get my darn bow----First day of hunting season if the brown army is working and not out hunting!!!!!! UGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts