The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After everyday of taking my pup to an area loaded with rabbits, it all clicked today 4 sight chases followed by barking on the scent trail, before today no barking just scenting. She picked one up tonight without sighting the rabbit and ran for ten minutes and got out smarted. So awesome to hear her bark on trail today! I'm so hooked on beagling it's addictive for sure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
That's great keep getting it out and sounds like you'll be in great shape for hunting this season, my newest pup is 12 weeks old and is starting to scent trail rabbits in the yard and he goes into the brush after them for a couple minutes but hasn't opened up yet. I haven't done any training with him yet other than obedience. I'm looking forward to hearing that first bark on track tho. Good luck

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah she gets better everyday, I take her every morning when I get home from work and in the evening, she is getting more full circles every time we go out, she is really impressing me with her nose , she's jumped a lot of rabbits on her own just by smelling where they have crossed, looking forward to this season going to be fun I'm sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts