The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well desided to hit shenango thrusday with a good buddy never fished it before but i'm glad we did. but the boat in at 7am pulled of at 1pm total fish 11 small and largemouth what a nice lake.will be hitting it agsin soon.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Ya I enjoy that lake allot. Just the weekends its full of pleasure boaters which makes it rough.

·
Registered
19,941 Posts
I usually fish the 9.9 area once the pleasure boats pick up. There's pretty good bass fishing at that end of the lake.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we ended up fishing the right side of the lake from the first train bridge up too the 9.9 area. very nice lake but would only fish it early in the week...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Pleasure boats dont bother me, after fishing in 6ft waves on Chautauqua, Raystown looks like a mud puddle even on a holiday weekend.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Didnt think Chautauqua could get that bad I fished a ny federation tournament up their this year nice lake just didn't have enough time to really get to know it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Pabowhunter3 said:
Didnt think Chautauqua could get that bad I fished a ny federation tournament up their this year nice lake just didn't have enough time to really get to know it.
I've seen Chautauqua with 4 footers in the fall from the wind, but the boat wake waves in the summer that are in the 2 foot range will smash your stuff up even worse!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts