The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found 5 on one tree Wednesday. 3 little ones, that I am hoping grow some more with the recent rain, and 2 decent size pickers. Now all I need are some fresh Deer Steaks!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I'll be looking for it while bow hunting tomorrow. The weather will be tough on deer hunting but not on the shrooms.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the 3 little ones grew to about the size of basketballs! I was surprised to find a fourth. That makes 6 for this new tree that I found just this year!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Damit I can't find a thing. I did find one two weeks ago. Way past its prime it was a pile of mush.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I had an eventful night. I found another mushroom on my way home from work. Later on that night I had to run to the local store and noticed a Bear eating Black oil sunflower seeds in a nearby yard. I only live about a mile from where I saw the bear so I went home to get the family. My son was the only one who wanted to go because usually when I go home to get them and return whatever I saw is gone! This time the bear was there and he left us sit along side the road and watch him for about 5 minutes. He even stood to scratch his back against a tree. My boy is 7 and he thought that was just great. The picture don't do the bear any justice as it was dark outside but it probably came in around 250 pounds or so...

·
Registered
274 Posts
had another decent day. the two on top and one at about
three o'clock are from the same tree. all were fresh
and not that dirty. the ones I left to grow from Monday
didn't grow all that much.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great cold morning to get out there and pick. I found enough on two trees to fill two five gallan buckets after cleaning and probably left double that out there, freezer is only so big.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts