The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If and when do some of you guys go out to start lookin for sheds around the woods?

·
Banned
212 Posts
Depends on the snow up here, i like to walk the deer trails when the snow is on to know exactly where they are going, but i don't really start hunting sheds until the snow is melting off, and before the leaves dry out and get fluffy. when i go i walk the trails that i marked in the winter. If i had to get specific, March would be my favorite time

·
Registered
447 Posts
Personally I stay out of the high traffic deer areas for now so they stay close....makes finding sheds a little easier. Ill start some smaller searches in mid-late February but March is the ticket. Last year it greened up a little quick around here so I only had a solid 2 weeks of good shed hunting, but it all depends

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey, I found some shed hunters!! I found my first shed last year muzzleloading second season. Hoping to get out this weekend. I agree with coyotekilla20 that march is best, but I get out as soon as hunting is over as long as the snow is not too deep.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i wait until late feb usually for serious shed hunting here in westmoreland county. i own a old christmas tree farm and they congregate in the thick pine and spruce areas in the winter and thats where i find them mostly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts