The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this knife laying around. It's not one I made but just an older factory says West-cut on it. I cleaned it up and then made this sheath for it. Serviceable knife will be going out and a Christmas present for a relatively new adult hunter .

Figured you all would like a look

Attachments

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Those knives were made by western cutlery in Bolder CO. They still command a good price in good condition. It was said they had very good steel in them. Many of them had leather stacked handles on them. Nice leather work.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I have carried my western since I got it for Christmas in 1979. Gutted and skinned 5 deer with it this year. I sharpen in once a year, I doubt I will ever need another knife. Nice leather work too!!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
When I was a kid we had a Western Auto store in my home town. They were not only an auto parts store but they sold hunting and fishing supplies guns and ammo and even tools and appliances. They sold Western Cutlery hunting knives.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those knives were made by western cutlery in Bolder CO. They still command a good price in good condition. It was said they had very good steel in them. Many of them had leather stacked handles on them. Nice leather work.
I have carried my western since I got it for Christmas in 1979. Gutted and skinned 5 deer with it this year. I sharpen in once a year, I doubt I will ever need another knife. Nice leather work too!!
When I was a kid we had a Western Auto store in my home town. They were not only an auto parts store but they sold hunting and fishing supplies guns and ammo and even tools and appliances. They sold Western Cutlery hunting knives.
very nice sheath work RossR, the lucky receiver will love it and will enjoy it

Thanks all for the kind words. It does say boulder Co. Below the west cut. I will say it took a nice edge when I sharpened it up. I'm sure there will be a happy hunter this Christmas especially since its completely unexpected gift.

Ross

1 - 8 of 8 Posts