The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as she has a habit of doing the little woman gets on the internet and see's a blurb about training your puppy to ring a bell to go out.
Never happen I reply! When will I ever learn to keep my mouth shut?
Casey at 10 weeks and housebroke.

Griz

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Ha Ha that's what we did with our lab. He would just do it after awhile to go out for a second to comeback in for a treat.
Cool pic and great looking pup!!!

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
We did the same thing with our two goldendoodles. Worked great, until they started ringing the dang thing about every 5 minutes. We finally had to take the bell down, but by then they had the idea.

·
HPA Admin Approved Vendor
6,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha Ha that's what we did with our lab. He would just do it after awhile to go out for a second to comeback in for a treat.
Cool pic and great looking pup!!!
Thank you. Oh he's tried that too but has learned no doodie=no treat.

We know who is trained!
Yep! and I make no bones about it either. It works. When I want a new gun or a hunting or fishing trip theres never any argument.

Griz

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
That's a great trick! I've used it will all of my dogs! It does work well!

·
Registered
15,144 Posts
both my boxers learned early that use the bell to go out and they do it all the time now my son that is little over a year old like to hit the bell and stand by the door.

·
Registered
61 Posts
she's really cute!

I trained my boxer to do this, but it wasn't long before she was ringing that bell at the sight of every bunny and squirrel in the yard!!! lol

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
My beagle is trained the same way!
However, he does "over do it" just to get a treat when he comes back in.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Worked well for my Lab also. Hung it at nose level and raised it as he grew.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ya my german shepherd we got her at 8 weeks and at 9 weeks she was potty train. She learned how to ring the bell on the door handle to at 9 nine weeks. Pups are so smart for how young they are. Congrats

1 - 17 of 17 Posts