The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This league is starting to become a joke. You can barely hit anyone anymore without getting suspended. It's mostly because players look back at their passes or shots and then get leveled. YOU DESERVE TO GET CRUSHED IF YOU WATCH YOUR OWN PASS. That's hockey 101. Maybe the players taking the hits should also get suspended for making such stupid decisions. Shanahan is destroying this league slowly and it will be too late before anyone important speaks up about it. It's disgusting. Hockey will become boring to watch.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I'm aware of. Maybe Rinaldo? I'm just saying the whole league in general. Might as well start dressing players with skirts and tan skates. Crosby isn't in the league right now. They don't need to keep acting like he is.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correction. Rinaldo is suspended for a charging in the Red Wings game for 2 games. Marchand on Boston got 5 games for the same exact type of hit. Shanahan is so inconsistent with punishments that it makes me wonder if he has even the slightest clue what he is doing. If you're going to suspend players, AT LEAST be fair about it. Don't ruin the league. Oh wait, too late.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, it wasn't a clean hit. What are you getting at?

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
If it wasn't a clean hit, then how is Shanahan ruining the game by suspending Rinaldo? All the Flyer fans on the Yahoo boards are complaining about the same thing you are. Dude was admiring his pretty pass and Rinaldo leveled him. But you even say it was a dirty hit. So, whatcha grousing about?

·
20,123 Posts
That if a hit is an illegal hit you should be suspended. I actually think Shanahan is doing a pretty good job. Far better then what Goddell does in the NFL. At least you get an explaination from the NHL. Goddell seriously thinks he's god.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not the Rinaldo hit I'm talking about. The entire league has questionable 50/50 hits where the opposing player actually does a great job of making it look like a bad hit. I play hockey and I'm well aware of how easy it is to do that. There needs to be suspensions for that as well.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
So, the fact Rinaldo just got suspended, coinciding with your rant, is just a flukey coincidence?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually didn't even know he was suspended before I typed my original post. So yes, a coincidence.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
In all seriousness, the Shanaban isn't perfect but its a huge step forward from years prior. The CBA has quite a bit to do with what can and can't be done.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I understand that he's just trying to do his job, but that doesn't mean he's executing at it. I really think it's quite out of control.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
But, if you look at the difference between this year and years past, its much more consistant now. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but much more consistant. I've notced many of the marquis players like Ovichicken aren't getting the passes they used to.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just think head shots should be the only suspendable hits in the league. Any other questionable hits, 2 in the sin bin or a 4 double minor and that's it. Another thing to consider is when players fight they blatantly punch each other in the head, but no suspensions are ever handed out? Where is that making any sense?

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
There's no excuse for a player leaving his feet to make a hit. Ovechkin is a prime example. That dude is more than able to deliver a punishing check without leaving his feet but he can't seem to help himself.

As for the fighting, someone skating at full speed and using their full mass to strike the head area is way more damaging than a thrown punch. The difference isn't even comparable. I'd take a punch to the head over a guy skating at full speed hitting me in the nuggin. And I have a head like a cinder block.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts