The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on here posted a few years back about a shadow box they made, and that got the wheels turning. When my cousin took his second and third ever longbeards in the spring of 2017, he gave me the parts and told me to "make something neat".

To be honest, it took almost two years to get around to it because I was a little anxious about trying something I'd never done before with parts that weren't mine. That, and a steady backlog of other projects in the way, but I digress.

After a lot of brainstorming and cursing, I finally got everything put together, and thankfully he was pretty happy with the end result. The wood is from an old munitions crate of some kind, and I left it marked as such and unfinished. I had a nice picture of the farm he took the birds at that I incorporated, and I took my first try at transferring a printed image to wood for the placard. The top can be removed with a little effort, in case something were to fall out of place, a picture starts to peel off the foamboard, etc.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, although if I ever do another one, I'll do some things a little differently. Hopefully this will give some of y'all an idea of what to do with your birds this spring!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,151 Posts
Looks very nice!

Reactions: bohunr
1 - 12 of 12 Posts