The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and could not find an answer to a question I have.

Can I take my bow and block target to the SGL's and practice shooting? I can shoot up to 20 in my yard, but I would like to get more comfortable at 30 and 40. We have some great safe spots to do this.

On page 18 of the digest it states that it is prohibited unless posses a hunt or fur license. I have both.

I would like to hear straight from a WCO's mouth/type. Do not feel like getting fined.

Thanks

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Here is the regulation on the subject.

(15) Target shoot with firearms, bows and arrows or devices capable of launching projectiles, unless the person is in possession of a valid hunting or furtaker license signed by its holder. Exercise of privileges shall be done in a manner as to not cause injury to persons or property, or on areas not otherwise posted closed to those activities

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
On a side note, this only applies to SGL's, correct? I believe it is unlawful on State Parks and I am not sure about State Forests.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I believe some SGL ranges have an area set for Archery.
Thinking last time I was up at the range near Little Pine there was an Archery range just past the shooting range on the left side of the road.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys. You are correct I can call, and did, still haven't heard back. I'll try email. I thought we had some WCO's that like to post here.

The SGL's near me do not have a bow area, I did look and went by the rifle and pistol ranges.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts