The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

2701 - 2715 of 2715 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Waugh, welcome back!!!

Missed your thoughtful postings on many outdoor topics.

Hopefully you will return to your olde self and offer more of your postings.

Your and a few orhers are real assets to the Huntingpa community.

Dean Conklin

·
Registered
616 Posts
For those thinking about wetting on line on Saturday on the Mehoopany: The South Branch remains chocolate in color. No pre-season stocking. There appears to be another mud slide on Dutch.
The North Branch is clear and slightly high. The trout the were stocked last week looked pretty nice. If the rain stays away the creek should be near perfect but cold on Saturday. We had a few inches of snow this morning.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Helicopter down On or near Bartlett Mt, North Branch twp. SGL 57. Between Forkston and Lovelton. Recovery operation. Waugh!

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Helicopter down On or near Bartlett Mt, North Branch twp. SGL 57. Between Forkston and Lovelton. Recovery operation. Waugh!
Yes, 1 dead unfortunately. Privately owned chopper that took off from Queen City Airport in Allentown.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I seen this posted today 4/27/21 so I am passing it on. This was from a good source that received notification from the PGC.
The PGC will be conducting a prescribed fire in Forkston Township, off of Mountain Springs Road on Gamelands 57. Please do not be alarmed. If you feel there is an Emergency please do not hesitate to call 911.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Waugh?

·
Registered
616 Posts
The Sully had an article last week where the Mildred Fire Department responded to the fire only to find out it was a prescribed burn.
In addition Windy Valley remained the Command Post this past week while the helicopter crash remains were retrieved. Actually a lot of the helicopter retrieval sounded like the headwaters of White Brook up in the big deer swamp. Lots of debris hauled out.

·
Registered
11,630 Posts
The Sully had an article last week where the Mildred Fire Department responded to the fire only to find out it was a prescribed burn.
Mildred had a prescribed burn scheduled about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was told Laporte helped out.

2701 - 2715 of 2715 Posts