The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

SGL057

388248 Views 4393 Replies 101 Participants Last post by  Bowhunter3030
Does anybody hunt SGL 057? I saw a camp for sale near there and was wondering if it is worth a closer look. It is just West of the windmills. The closest town I think would be Noxen. Looks like there aren't a lot of camps in that area. might be an advantage. I know some areas of WMU 3B can be really hit or miss as far as deer that's why I ask.
Thanks
  • Helpful
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 4394 Posts
Right past Lopez winery, if it鈥檚 on your left is 66?
Savage, thx, I also was a little twisted on that being 66. We call that 鈥渃amp row 鈥 next to the winery.
The N Branch Mehoopany is stocked from below the Colley Tavern down to the mouth where it meets the Mehoopany, I might be missing something, but where does it go under 487?
That dollar store build is a horrible move. My buddy is 1 mile in on the right on Dutch Mtn rd, he鈥檚 not happy.
Irish, my camp stopped fishing the Hoop for that reason.
I was told it鈥檚 the Acid level. Same at the Wysox off RT6. Also the little Schrader has the same problem. In 2018 we put 10 buckets in a whole on the Friday before the opener, 18 hours later no fish caught or seen.
I believe they are widing to 3 lanes. Coming home from trout last weekend I noticed it.
Reactions: 2
All through archery and rifle we were covered in them, haven鈥檛 been on the mountain since rifle ended so we鈥檒l see Saturday.
I know a guy who got em in his mustache 馃槼
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Don鈥檛 know but I鈥檒l be up no matter what!!
We have a 120 or so inch buck hitting one of our plots pretty regularly, just outside of Dushore.
A new one showed up yesterday at 6:30 pm. Big 10 with a split brow.
Yes Jim, he鈥檚 got huge brows with about another 3 inches coming out of the bottom. Would of never saw it with the velvet but it looks like he knew the camera was there and walked head on right to it.
We鈥檒l Jim give us the camping update!!
My sons and their buddies take over my camp this weekend every year to shoot and ride atvs(on my property) outside Dushore, he just asked me if he could go next weekend, said with no air it鈥檚 way to hot. He works in an office, I been on a roof welding. Kid has no clue what hot is馃槀
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Bowhunter, the way I learned was at a farm pond at camp, plenty of room and no trees . Good luck
6.6, give it up dude, you鈥檙e embarrassing yourself 馃お
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
1 - 20 of 4394 Posts