The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took the lil one out looking for mushrooms in our local gamelands in Perry (only found 1 morel). We had to walk past this to access some nice popular stands..... She says what the? Not sure what can be done to stop this scum....this pile is twice the size of the pic on either end...disgusts me to no end, and also disgusts my 6 year old!

·
Registered
25,786 Posts
Some people have no class at all, to do something like that. Unless, the tires are piled there after folks went to the trouble of gathering them up for later disposal?

My favorite? A PGC sign along a road on SGL 170, about littering and leaving trash on gamelands, with a sofa right under it.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I would have to think that wasnt just 1 or 2 people getting rid of their tires. Either they were cleaned up from the game land and waiting pick up...or it was the works of some scum bag tire company

Come to think of it, they are piled up to nice to be just dropped off. I really hope they are ones that are clean up from the SGL and waiting for pick up. Otherwise whoever did it had no worries at all to take the time to stack them without getting caught

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is along the Juniata River on Lower Bailey Road...I would like to think it was clean up, though none were muddy...and indicator of tires that laid around...in the floodplain. It seemed like a single drop off...dump by scum....

Or maybe not? I dunno? though would feel much better if I knew it was a clean up along the sgl and river. ANyone know how to find out?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Call the local Regional office. They are piled way to neatly for scum to have dropped them off. I bet it was volunteers that put them there.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
I agree, don't think that a peredon getting rid of that many tires would stack em up so neatly. Still someone (or SOMEONES) threw a lot of rubber a way.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I made a post about discarded tires this past week and one of the moderators put a lock on it. I would hope that PGC could start a movement with Harrisburg to trace some of these tires and prosecute these scum

1 - 8 of 8 Posts