The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently purchased a shotgun(20g). Unfortunately, pheasant season is closing this week. I am not sure if asking hunting destination is inappropriate for hunters. But anybody can recommend SGL in southern PA for pheasant?

I live in Montgomery county. I can drive up to a couple of hours. 2 weeks ago, I went to Wayne county - SGL 159. It was great mountain terrain. However, I couldn't find any realistic cover for pheasant.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Alot of bird hunters with dogs in and around Wayne County. Your best bet is to wait until next stocking season.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Your best bet is to wait until next stocking season
No, go out and enjoy the last chance of the season, maybe you'll get lucky. I'm sorry that I can't be of any help in your area.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Good luck at Blue Marsh. Between the hawks,foxes and coyotes maybe you might find a bird if you're extremely lucky. The place is over-run with hunters on the days birds are stocked and on weekends. Make sure you have a good pair of brush pants... you'll need them. Outside of the a fore mentioned highlights of the place you'll have a great time.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The pgc website has all the game lands that were stocked try to find one around you there is one over by kutztown never been to it yet but it is stocked

·
Registered
240 Posts
All the above info is incorrect for lancaster. I hunt public hunter access which is great for late season in 5b but locals keep em a secret from guys like you for example. I gave up hunting muddy until the last week this year

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You want to try a new gun, take it to a regulated hunting ground. However, I would not run my dog with all the hard snow on the ground, I was supposed to hunt today at my club and we cancelled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts