The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you hunt on SGL at night? I know that hunting coyotes at night is fair game but I wasn't sure if SGL or state forests were officially closed at night or not. I know that state parks are only open sunup to senset.

·
Registered
927 Posts
They are all open to legal hunting and fishing 24hours a day, I belive only county parks actually close.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was trying to visualize the parking area signs in my head but couldn't remember if it said anything about night hunting. I thought it was ok.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I know Evansburgh says it closes at dusk but if you call and check they say no you can hunt at night only the park closes so random people cant be walking around at night you have to be hunting or fishing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I also hunt in a state park. I was predator hunting at dusk and a ranger pulled up and asked if I was hunting past dark. I said yes and he said ok was just checking. He said the park is from dusk till dawn but if you are hunting or fishing they don't mind. He also said they have a big problem with kids doing drugs in the parking areas at night. So he was cool about it but just wanted to check me out .

G

·
I used to hunt sgl's quite a lot without much success. I ran into the State Police once or twice at night and they were very cool with me. Had no idea about hunting at night but they were not nervous or suspicious...guess they figure sgl is normal to have hunters. Never saw another predator hunter on them.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I think with state parks it just depends on the park and the rangers. I had a friend who got a ticket on his car because he fished until dark and didn't get back to his car until about 30 minutes after sunset. That was at Ohiopyle State park.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts