The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

SGL 36

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Matchman 
#1 ·
any one hunt it for pheasants? how is the stocking? we are thinking of giving it a shot friday with our dogs . just curious any input welcome

#2 · (Edited)
I haven't made it to that one yet this year but I hunted it once last year. Started out hunting for grouse and ended the day hunting it for pheasants. I had fun with my dogs and I hunted it somewhat late in the season because I remember it was icy and with a little snow. We found birds but we also hunted hard for them, the one area we were at was like a huge sea of mostly switchgrass with little pockets of trees and other cover and some sloughs. Almost felt like I was out on the prairie. Both myself and the dogs were thoroughly worn out but very happy. It was a memorable day.

I love the whole Endless Mountains area and one day hope to at least have a small piece to at least park a camper on. Just beautiful PA country to spend a day hunting in. Folks that live in the region are blessed.

#3 ·
It gets hunted hard from the time the birds are stocked till Saturday afternoon. They started stocking different days this year
as early as Tuesday one week, but some how the guys know when they are coming. Bells and beepers all day long. There will be birds left Friday, won't be easy,
but that's the way I prefer it. Good Luck.

Reactions: RyanR
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.