The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Never seen it too crowded. And remember it's huge and you can utilize your boot leather and get away from the crowd in there . It's a good area. Killed a few in there over the yrs. Usually always good to find a gobbling bird or two even later in the season.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do the birds move with all the rocky areas? I would think that they would act as a barrier that the turkey won't go over.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
lots of places in PA that are rocky...especially the ridge and valley mts of perry,snyder,juniata, mifflin, huntingdon,bedford,fulton,blair county's ect....trust me the turkeys have no problem navigating the rocks.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
It's funny they have no problem negotiating rocks and steep slopes when they want to. Until you try to call one across! I actually had one a cpl yrs ago on #211 that hung up at a dry rocky streambed . Finally I had to make a tactical move to get across to his side, then he practically tripped over his own beard coming in. Only drawback is when they live up in those rocks sometimes it wears at their spurs. Seen em busted up pretty good from rocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts