The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do they stock pheasants in SGL 203? They don't have it listed in the digest, where the exact location is. They don't even have the stocking listed there at all, but it says on the website that they are stocked there. If you can give me a road name, or directions, that would work. Thanks!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You do know it is called hunting don't you? Perhaps you would prefer if the PGC just rung the pheasants necks and stuffed them in your game bag,

·
Registered
927 Posts
They fly off as soon as they are released, go walk through the grass. Anywhere up there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, thats the issue. I don't even know what road to take to get there, or where to park, etc. I don't wanna know where the birds are exactly, I can wander for hours once I get there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need to know how to get to the section of the gamelands where the fields are, I wanna hunt both pheasant and rabbit, and check it out for possible predator hunting too.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Try scouting on your own. are you an adult or a child that has to be led by the hand? If you want to check it out, check it out, instead of asking strangers for a guided tour.

·
Registered
351 Posts
That's great, a guy asks for advice and all we do is bash him. Gotta love hhiw we treat each other. It not like he is asking to hunt your super secret spot, it's game lands. RichardV, I am pretty sure on the commissions website that there are maps of each gameland, you can research there. I am not from your side of the state, but if I was I would have no problem sharing that information.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you very much Remy. I don't want to be led by the hand, I also don't want to drive in circles for hours searching for the access points.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Not sure where 203 is but alot of times when it comes to the gamelands if they stock it for the youth hunt there are pretty good directions in the book stating exactly where the stocking will take place in the youth hunt section. I wish they would put more detailed stocking locations in the book I guess your just supposed to guess where they stock. Like you I dont mind HUNTING but kicking grass where they didnt even stock birds is kinda stupid and leaving birds for the fox and coyote to eat I kinda think is stupid also since its put and take.

·
Registered
294 Posts
When I want to find fields in an area like a game land, I normally look it up using Google maps. If you look at the satellite maps you can see where the fields are. You can also see the roads so you know how to get there. It works pretty well for me. It also allows you to kind of play out your walking route once you get there. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
24,761 Posts
go to the pgc website and check out the new mapping features if you type in the game lands you want in search you will get the gamelands in red outline... select street and road format in map choices and you will get all the road names...

But that is not how you worded your original question

<span style="font-weight: bold">Where do they stock pheasants in SGL 203? They don't have it listed in the digest, where the exact location is.</span>

I actually thought you were joking

·
Registered
635 Posts
There's a road called GAME LANDS Road that runs straight throught the middle of SGL 203 ! Drive down that road and hunt on either side. Parking lots everywhere. IMHO, if you'd just look at a map, you can figure that game lands out. Not trying to disrespect you or anything. Just sayin.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Took dog out on Saturday 3 of us...
State game lands ....thousands of acres ...
10 trucks, 12 -15 guys all in one small field period.
Not another truck in any other parking lot... Even though there was green fairways throughout game lands...
Guess they all scouted huh???
Game warden came by told us they got "info" on where they put 'em....he laughed & drove off... Musta knew more than a few of them... They musta scouted too, huh...
and this kid asks about a road in 203?? & gets jumped on for not scouting???
So as we drank coffee & watched 12 guys shoot bird after bird...
Guess it's not quite ringing there necks for ya' but it ain't far off...
Guess it's who ya know...they musta scouted....lol

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Its called state game lands rd as mentioned. I like the second parking area on the left if your coming from 79. It's a easier walk. Expect a lot of company if they released birds. I always had decent luck there with all species of game but dont hunt there anymore just cause I bought property elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
I don't knowmwhere they release the birds there but I usually see them in the surrounding houses yards. Lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
i realize this is an old thread but i ran into it because i was searching for the same/similar information. in this case SGL 203 is pretty small (1200 acres) and there are only a few parking lots... it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out where to go. what about a larger SGL? take SGL 13... it's 50k acres. are some of you suggesting to scout all 50k acres in search of put and take birds?

i'd rather the GC give you the spot and not the stocking dates.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts