The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has happened in one of my local hunting SGL's. The PGC culled the local heard (CWD reduction/prevention measures) on SGL 147 a week and a half ago. Sharp shooters on side by sides and 4 wheeler's were thinning the heard and filling a reefer trailer with their kill. I dont have exact numbers and cannot speculate on it. They baited a majority of them with corn. The only reason I know about this is because the vendor who works on my tractors had to send in a tow truck because the reefer truck broke down.

SGL-147 in in 4A Blair County (Fankstown Township/Hollidaysburg/Martinsburg)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
If this is true I have some things that need answers,. Are the deer being guted? Ok we're are the guts going. Gut and bile matter probably are contaminated so I see ground and other animals possibly getting contaminated

·
Registered
10,651 Posts
First we need to know if it is true. Then if true you have to wonder what the PGC knows and how serious is the situation.

Reactions: jimbridger

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
no the pilot cull and study was called off but the PGC said they would be going forward with other planned culls. it was in there press release.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
If this is true I have some things that need answers,. Are the deer being guted? Ok we're are the guts going. Gut and bile matter probably are contaminated so I see ground and other animals possibly getting contaminated

Should make for some good coyote hunting. Waugh!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
JJ, seldom seen and Locke mtn? I’d have heard something I’d think. Will keep an ear out. Buddy shot 3rd cwd positive tested wild deer in the state up Locke mountain road off the top 1/2 mile. 2 year old 9 pt, healthy looking. He ate half of it before getting the results but back then it was random testing pgc did at processors.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Yes but it was true... somone was telling me jay Gregory put something out about it. Was fired up about it.. word is wolf shut it down
Yes, it was absolutely true. But it was also shut down before a trigger was pulled, despite what the conspiracy theorists would like you to believe.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JJ, seldom seen and Locke mtn? I’d have heard something I’d think. Will keep an ear out. Buddy shot 3rd cwd positive tested wild deer in the state up Locke mountain road off the top 1/2 mile. 2 year old 9 pt, healthy looking. He ate half of it before getting the results but back then it was random testing pgc did at processors.
Yes. I also received confirmation from an adjacent landowner....It's real.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts