The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
As long as their lawyers can. The longer it goes, the more motivation for the courts to "encourage" a settlement on lesser charges.

Seriously, with the courts tied up with all kinds of stuff, do you really think judges want to deal with poaching deer if they can get the sides to plea out?

Do you really think the PGC or law enforcement wants to keep sending guys to support a trial if they can get some fines for lesser charges and lesser overtime paid or whatever?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I dont know how true it is but I heard 1 of the guys was bragging that they killed alot more than anyone will know,and they were shipping the meat back home

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
no matter what the PGC fines them, it won't compare to their lawyer fees. these guys are out a bunch of money. thats some consolation anyway. i hope they enjoyed their $50/lb PA venison.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It doesn't cost the PGC anymore to continue to send officers to trial, they get paid the same. Where it does matter is with witnesses who tire of taking time off of work or who have been spoken to by their employer about taking time off, only to have the trial continued. If the state has a strong case they will nt be in a hurry to accept a plea bargin for this kind of case. If the court does not allow continuances when requested they risk an appeal of convictions on grounds that they didn't have time to prepare, that coupled with the distance the defendants are from PA causes the courts to be a little more liberal in granting continuances. However, there will come a time when the court will say, this is the date and time, be here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts