The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, new to this game and wanted to see if anyone had advice. Looking for place to go nder hour from WillowGrove, but not Wissy or Penny. Hoping for CR and/or restricted fly waters. Saw Saucon Creek as option, but cannot find link to address/parking. Any advice appreciated! Thx!

·
Registered
2,684 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hit a limestoner, went left instead of right to the FFO section. Caught two nice ones in about 4 hours. I'll be back!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hello All, new to this game and wanted to see if anyone had advice. Looking for place to go nder hour from WillowGrove, but not Wissy or Penny. Hoping for CR and/or restricted fly waters. Saw Saucon Creek as option, but cannot find link to address/parking. Any advice appreciated! Thx!
The Saucon creek sucks TBH. You are better off fishing the confluence with the Lehigh River. Some GIANT trout in there.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Unless you want to share your spots with hordes of anglers, I recommend if seeking individual stream advice that you invite people to send it via private message. That way the entire world can’t see it.

I never provide stream names in my posts for that reason, even if I fish a well known stream.

·
20,120 Posts
Saucon creek definitely does not suck haha. If you know when to fish it is a great little stream. That said, you're REALLY limiting yourself worrying about only fishing catch and release fly only streams. There are a lot better streams in the south east than the ones under special regs. If you're hellbent on fishing a fly only stream head to the Saucon and start in the middle of the Artificial section. Try not to do it when streams are super low. Awesome consistent Trico hatch every day starting in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Saucon creek definitely does not suck haha. If you know when to fish it is a great little stream. That said, you're REALLY limiting yourself worrying about only fishing catch and release fly only streams. There are a lot better streams in the south east than the ones under special regs. If you're hellbent on fishing a fly only stream head to the Saucon and start in the middle of the Artificial section. Try not to do it when streams are super low. Awesome consistent Trico hatch every day starting in a few weeks.
I agree, there is a lot of great fishing on streams under general regulations. I think there are quite a few people who fish mostly or exclusively special regulations sections because they assume the fishing is better and the trout populations are higher. It might be the case in some instances, but the special regs areas also tend to attract a lot more pressure. I have great fishing every year on streams that are under general regulations.

The special regulations section on Saucon is not FFO, it is Trophy Trout, Artificial Lures Only.

·
Super Moderator
3,745 Posts
I used to fish the catch and release portion of the Little Lehigh as a kid. Always had a great time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes - good starts. I figured someone would PM me if they were inclined. The maps were good and all the new books are showing lots of places to try. But wanted to see if FFO peeps would post to buddy up. All good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts