The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thurs and Friday the 26th and 27th in southern Chester co. Both days are morning hunts. Post or pm if interested.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Matt, good luck, wish I could make it again this time. Have a great hunt and once again very nice of you to ask someone else to go. CLASS ACT

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just the willingness to help landowners whom are enrolled in the program and having the understanding of what to expect from harvesting a doe at this time of year. other than that a 2011-12 resident license and a legal weapon for special reg area hunting (SEPA)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I see. Sounds pretty straight forward but pardon my ignorance, what doe you mean by "what to expect from harvesting a doe at this time of year"

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
OK, that is what I thought. Are there any other hunts coming up? I caught this last minute and the timing might be too tight for me.

Thanks for all the information I appreciate it

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. The week of 5\7 I'm off work and could get out anytime other than Thurs afternoon, other than that I'd just get out randomly for a couple mornings and maybe an evening that week.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'd be interested if the opportunity arose again. I'm leaving for camp for a little while for some nice fishing and maybe some Turkey so between that vacation and work I won't be available until mid May. Do you only hunt them around this time of the year?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Redtag closes mid May-end of June for the fawn birth peak. Starts back up July 1st with a 2012-13 license. Offer will definately come up again then

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
mattysloane said:
Redtag closes mid May-end of June for the fawn birth peak. Starts back up July 1st with a 2012-13 license. Offer will definately come up again then
Thanks. I'd gladly take you up on it after July 1 if the offer is extended at that time.

Thanks,
Anthony

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Wouldn't mind trying this but just can't bring myself to do the deed at this time of year.Do you allow muzzleloader or is it bow?Keep me in mind if you want a muzzy hunter along later.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pete, Thursday I went and set up a couple trees for alternate climber spots and went over exact property lines with the landowner due to a peaceful neighbor conflict that I had. Went back in Sat morning (Fri was too windy) and at daybreak two doe and a yearling come in from the gas line from the rd you walked to your spot from. I got that pumped feeling, raised up at about 80 yds, my exhale fogged my scope. I wiped the glass and lost patience. Thought they were going to move off into the park so I took the shot. Clean miss. I was so mad that I lost patience, I know the trail and those deer were gonna come up it. Oh well, lesson learned. But really it was a wonderful morning especially temperature wise. I'll be getting back out next week to practice better decipline with patience and to hopefully bag one then.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts