The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Thursday that <span style="font-weight: bold">pro-gun-control</span> advocates need to do a better job affirming the right to bear arms.....

<span style="font-weight: bold">"We should come back and say we're not going to take away your gun if you're a law-abiding citizen," Schumer said </span>on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

<span style="font-weight: bold">He went on to say that those who are pro-gun ownership also need to acknowledge that the constitutional right to bear arms does not exclude restrictions on that right.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">In an op-ed published Wednesday, Schumer urged gun-control advocates to "move on" from the idea of banning all handguns.</span>

Schumer's argument builds on the 2008 Supreme Court case D.C. v. Heller, which ruled Washington's handgun ban unconstitutional based on the Second Amendment.

<span style="font-weight: bold">"The truth is, it was bad strategy to ever deny an individual right to bear arms and, similarly, the special place guns hold in our culture," Schumer wrote in The Washington Post. "Heller removes that possibility for good. Progressives should move on and work within the ruling."</span>.........

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/273949-schumer-move-on-from-banning-all-handguns-

·
Super Moderator
28,554 Posts
I believe absolutely nothing that Shumer says.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
An old saying about Sen. Schumer: "The most dangerous place in Washington, DC is between Chucky Schumer and a camera".

·
Registered
746 Posts
Sounds like he is setting up the ol rope-a-dope to me. I'm no dope!!!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, look for him to forget his statements of today when he see's room to manuever. He is playing the PR game today. In a few weeks he will be looking for a knockout punch and will go to any length to get it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts