The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.wpxi.com/news/sen-casey-to-unveil-new-gun-legislation-in-pittsburgh/3

this legislation will do nothing to prevent any type of shooting.

they should make a change to the medical Hippa laws that would allow reporting
of mental deranged individuals from purchasing a gun. I think that only
happens if you are charged with a crime.

prevent people on the terror watch list from buying a gun!!! really, that
should have been a no brainer from the start. people on the no fly list are
allowed to buy guns too, ...why?

prevent people that have been charged with a misdemeanor hate crime from buying
or having a gun, if he believes this will work he really is a DUMBOCRAT.

there are people with FELONY convictions in the paper every week here in Erie that have
been charged for having a firearm and they are not allowed to buy, own, possess,
or even have one in the home even if it belongs to someone else

more do nothing legislation aimed at getting votes.

what a Dumbocrat

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Don't let a good tragedy go to waste.....he's a showboat....if he was really trying to "fix" the "gun problem" he would not have had to wait until there was a shooting to introduce it......

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
bohunr said:
prevent people on the terror watch list from buying a gun!!! really, that
should have been a no brainer from the start. people on the no fly list are
allowed to buy guns too, ...why?
Remember we talked about this back in the winter when you wanted people on the no fly list to lose their rights.

There's no criteria to land on the no fly list, people generally don't know that they are on the no fly list and why, and there's no process to get off of the no fly list.

Secret government lists are bad.

Ted Kennedy was on the no fly list.

A highly politicized regime like one right now could start putting people on the no fly list under the excuse of domestic extremism, using the same wording they're using to describe the night club terrorist.

Gun owner? NRA member? Tea party supporter? You're a domestic extremist and banned from flying without ever breaking a law. Does that sound fair?

·
Registered
25,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope. people on the no fly list should be notified. what if i plan a vacation with the family, everythings paid for in advance and i find out i cant board the plane. hopefully they would let me know when i bought the ticket but i should be told way before that.

but if i was up to no good that would be a tip off.

thanks for the reminder.

·
Administrator
30,324 Posts
You wouldn't be notified at all. You'd find out when at the airport, or when trying to buy a firearm. And there is no provision that gives you recourse if you are placed on the list, legitimately or not.

·
Super Moderator
8,063 Posts
That is why I oppose this, and the media campaign to paint opposition to this plan as being "unreasonable." Who decides who is on what list? What is the appeal process? Is it in court, or a bureaucratic process?

Until there is a true legal/due process to that list, including defined criteria for being on it, and defined ways to address one's inclusion on it if in error, using that list as a means to strip someone's rights of any kind is not acceptable.

That's no different than telling someone they can't vote because they're on the no fly list. Heck, for that matter, why SHOULD people too dangerous to have a gun get to vote? Imagine opening THAT can of worms with those who want to abrogate the 2nd Amendment.

I'm all for the same regulations on voting and firearms ownership. What is ok for one should be ok for the other. Want me to slap an ID on the counter to own a firearm? OK. But then it better be required to vote, too.

I'd be ok with a 4473 being filled out in order to vote. Imagine how many people would be ineligible if the same criteria was used for both...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Mitch McConnell is allegedly open to gun control as well.

Things could reach sandy hook panic levels. Maybe this being an election year will tame some lawmakers, but there looks like there will be a strong push.

·
Registered
25,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just saw Obama on the news. he said he can put people on the no fly list that have been on ISIL or ISIS web sites but because of the NRA he cant prohibit those people from buying guns.

YES HE CAN...pass a new law or just pass the names down to the agency that does the background check. if you frequent terrorist web sites, thats a good enough reason for me.

scroll down to the video where Obama blames the NRA

http://nypost.com/2016/06/14/orlando-shooters-wife-knew-about-his-plot/

·
Registered
546 Posts
That's actually a good idea. It a Blue state tries to deny people guns for being on this arbitrary list then a Red state should deny voting rights for the same thing. This will eventually force the issue to the courts. There is an easy solution to all of this, it's called charging people with a crime.

·
Super Moderator
8,063 Posts
To be very honest, I would be ok with some refinement of the gun buying process....in trade for a couple other things.

I'll gladly do a background check on all transactions if....IF.... the following happen as well:

-voter ID is required and enforced, nationwide. I don't see why it's such a big deal to have to prove you're eligible to vote. (I know the reason, of course.) If those poor inner city people can get access to welfare, how the heck am I supposed to believe they can't get a free government issued ID?

-Per the SCOTUS ruling that legalized gay marriage, which said that a state cannot deny a right that exists in another state, CCW's issued in any state are valid in any state in Union. Period. No asterisk, no modifications, no sub-clauses or texts. If you have a state-issued license that permits a concealed weapon, it is valid nationwide.

Give us those two things, I'll do background checks at a dealer for every transaction.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
tdd said:
To be very honest, I would be ok with some refinement of the gun buying process....in trade for a couple other things.

I'll gladly do a background check on all transactions if....IF.... the following happen as well:

-voter ID is required and enforced, nationwide. I don't see why it's such a big deal to have to prove you're eligible to vote. (I know the reason, of course.) If those poor inner city people can get access to welfare, how the heck am I supposed to believe they can't get a free government issued ID?

-Per the SCOTUS ruling that legalized gay marriage, which said that a state cannot deny a right that exists in another state, CCW's issued in any state are valid in any state in Union. Period. No asterisk, no modifications, no sub-clauses or texts. If you have a state-issued license that permits a concealed weapon, it is valid nationwide.

Give us those two things, I'll do background checks at a dealer for every transaction.
That's a compromise. The actual definition of a compromise. Not the left's "let's ban all guns, but we'll let you meet us halfway and just ban semi-autos" type of compromise.

I might trade expanded background checks for the removal of suppressors as an NFA item.

But again, that's an actual compromise, and that's not what the left is looking for.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The left doesn't want compromise. They don't care if they get an inch at a time (and they will disguise it as compromise) as long as they eventually get the entire mile and then some.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Mike M. said:
Never compromise on your freedom.
Concur.

I sure hope the NRA does not cave like they have in the past. I am a member but I get sick of them compromising when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

I urge everyone to join Gun Owners of America.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
The compromise will be one along the lines of Dems saying they want to cut off both of your hands, but they'll be ok with just cutting off 3 fingers.

The other side gets to keep what it already had and gets nothing in return.

That's how the left "compromises".

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Then the left will call the loss of 3 fingers self-inflicted, and not cover it under Obozocare.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts