The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a shotgun that can shoot 3 1/2 magnum and low brass for clays. I like like Beretta A400, but I wanted to check with you guys first and get your opinions. I'm open to all recommendations. Appreciate everyone's help. Thanks.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ive had great luck with my Winchester SX3. It has yet to FTF a
nd has shot everything from low brass to 3 1/2. I even tried it in the same magazine and it worked.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've had zero issues with my Remington VersaMax. 3 1/2 steel & turkey loads to the lightest trap loads...no issues.

Comes with 5 chokes, mid bead, fiber optic sights & an adjustable stock, although I haven't found the need to modify anything. It fits me well enough as it is.

Say away from the Remintion 11-87 Super mags. They get very poor reviews for cycling reliably a variety of shells. I fought with mine for 3 years until Remington warrantied it and hooked me up with the VersaMax.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
The A400 is a sweet shotgun. Handles a variety of loads and with the kick-off system is very, very soft shooting.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Never had an issue with my Winchester Super X2...Great gun...Shoots anywhere from 1 oz trap loads to 3 1/2" mag Goose Loads.

Good luck, John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts