The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
For small game and varmints, not currently for big game or turkeys. I would expect that to change in a year or two.

Reactions: Marcus99

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
261 Posts
the Governor passed it but the GC did not. Found out today at a gun shop in Philly.

Pa Game Commission says ?No? to semiautomatic rifles for big game hunting | WPMT FOX43

A majority of hunters opposed and the GC sided with them....which makes sense... it is a bit unsafe. Open country is one thing but in the woods of PA probably not.
With a 5 round mag limit there would be no more shots fired than with pumps or levers. Half the people who were opposed to it didn't even know what mag limit was.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The beauty of this decision is that States Rights are intact. In other words no big Federal all encompassing policy or law makes each state abide by a Washington DC choice. That being said, I have no quarrel sharing the forests and foothills with hunters who choose to arm themselves with semi-auto big game rifles. Years ago, I was stationed in Michigan with USAF and my 1st Sergeant often went hunting with me. His rifle was a Remington auto-loader in 6 mm. He was safe with his rifle.

Personally, I'd like to see Pennsylvania privatize liquor sales. Seems dumb to me to have the Commonwealth control pricing and locations of liquor stores. Whose needs are being met?

TR

·
Registered
11,075 Posts
Wonder whether I will be ale to shoot varmints with my semi 22 rimfire auto pistol
Right now it looks like semi auto pistols are excluded. I hope that to will change in the future.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
No they are not legal. And yes, the PGC got that decision correct.

How does it feel? to have a minority speak volumes for the majority? Yup... Stings huh? That's why Sunday Hunting will never come to Pa. 1950 called, it wants it's "tradition" back...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Right now it looks like semi auto pistols are excluded. I hope that to will change in the future.
yeah see no reason to not allow someone to hunt squirrels or rabbits with a ruger 22/45 or browing buckmark. Hopefully the allow pistols for small game soon.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I couldn't wait for PA to make up their minds what to do about pistols... So I got a Browning Buckmark rifle.

A little modifications to a mag to make it legal, she drives tacks at 50yrds. Just need to work out to 100 and see what it can do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts