The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This was my first successful self filming hunt. I have had a camera in my tree the last 6 years that I have killed an archery buck and it finally worked out. Disclaimer, this is not a text book shot, but you will see that I was pretty much handcuffed. I knew that if this mature buck busted me, I would likely never see it again. I grabbed a single lung with my broadhead and it went 100 yards, crashing and getting back up the whole way.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Boy you threaded the needle on that baby! Great buck man. I enjoyed the video.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
that looked like right between the goal posts... excuse me mister deer please lower your head so I can shoot you .hahahahaha

·
Registered
836 Posts
Nice!

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Great buck and shot, congrats!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Like I said, the shot wasn't ideal, but a million things rushed through my head in that split second when he turned toward me like

... If he busts me I may not see him again,ever...New baby at home= not much time to hunt this year...I have made this shot successfully 4/4 times in the past...I'm so close (5 yards) that I'm bound to drill through whatever I hit...I already called off work the next day for an appointment if I need to leave him overnight...My biggest previous buck scored 117 and this would be a new best...

I showed this video to my friend who is a deer biologist and his first comment was "thats a pretty non-traditional shot" but then he said that he would have also taken it with a high probability of hitting the spine or a lung on either side of the spine.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Man, I got an adrenaline rush from that. Cool video, and great job.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
That was a splitting hairs..especially when your arrow grazed that hanging branch! It was easier to see in the slow motion replay.. Congrats,were you going for the spine?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts