The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a certified letter the other day from a gas company that wants to do siesmic testing on my property.Supposedly my neighbor is getting a well in the field right behind my barn.This will be right in line with my living room and I'm not enthusiastic about staring at a small city working 24 hours a day for a few months.At the same time,I don't want to do anything to deprive my neighbors from earning a large sum of money.I guess I just want to know what my rights are and if there's anything I can negotiate to get a piece of the pie for myself.I don't think I own my gas rights but I've never checked.I'm not a greedy person and I'm not against the drilling or against other people making money.However,A gas well in this location will be a huge inconvenience for my faimly for several months and I think that should be taken into consideration.I'm just not sure what I can do.I don't plan on being a jerk about it in any way.Just looking for advise I guess.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
don't know why they would be doing seismic testing if you already know they are putting a well that close to your property.

They already did seismic testing in Clinton and Potter last year. Had a man/company come around and say it was going on and needed authorization to run the wires and sensors (no drilling or charges) across our (motherinlaw) ground. 2 weeks and they were done.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Seismic testing near a proposed well may be to find out about the contours of the shale below. I believe the drilling technology has advanced to the point that drillers have the ability to have the drill bit follow the shale contours underground. Helps maximize the production from the shale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts