The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some assistance with this one. I've Google'd it and looked at several results from several different State's....and I'm quite certain I can't be the first person on the face of the planet that has ask this question.

Now, just for kicks, I've copied and pasted paragraph "B" of sec. 2923. The part that I don't understand and can't find explained anywhere is the "hunt for, pursue and kill from an automobile or other vehicle" part.

I think the section 2923 addresses the hunting of birds? And if that's so, does that mean a Disabled Permit holder can hunt for birds from an ATV? (On Commercial or Non-Commercial regulated grounds. Not on public hunting grounds.)

Sec. 2923. Disabled person permits.

(b) Regulated hunting grounds. - A permit may be issued to hunt on a regulated hunting ground to any person who presents a doctor's certificate showing that the person is physically unable to walk for an extended period of time, authorizing him to hunt for, pursue and kill from an automobile or other vehicle on regulated hunting grounds those species of game authorized for release on such areas, subject to rules and regulations prescribed by the commission. The permittee shall carry the permit while hunting on regulated hunting grounds.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yes, a permit can be issued specifically for use on a regulated hunting ground that would allow you to have a loaded firearm on a moving ATV.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John.

Now, reading the letter of the law, I must present a signed document from a physician, as presentation to the organization of my disability permit from the PGC (My shoot from a vehicle permit) would not be sufficient to obtain their written permit?

Dave

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
As I understand it you would need the regulated hunting ground permit as it is a different permit than the one you have and is only good on a regulated hunting ground. The permit you have does not allow you to have a loaded firearm while moving in a vehicle. Call the Hbg PGC office and talk to Jason DeCosky who is in charge of permits. I think you have to fill out a new application and include the Dr's afirmation with the application.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks John. Appreciate the info.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts