The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any of the custom fit seat covers? If so, any pics? How do you like them? Worth it? How do they hold up? How was install?

I got a new Dodge Ram and am looking to protect the seats mainly from my dogs short fine hair which sticks in seat type fabric and is a pain to remove, as well as mud and dirt from hunting/cabin trips, ohh yeah and theres the sand at the beach.

I'm primarily looking at three brands, am I missing any?
http://www.wetokole.com/
https://www.marathonseatcovers.com/
https://www.headwatersseatcovers.com

Right now I'm leaning toward Head Water as they are a bit cheaper and have some more options.

·
Super Moderator
4,535 Posts
I really like the marathons on my ram! There on the back seats and fit much better than the hatchie bottoms on the front seats! Will buy another set!

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gentleman that owns Head Waters worked for Marathon for years. Seem like a very similar product. I guess all of these have a crazy wait time too.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The cabelas set covers with the lace up sides. Easy to install. I put them in my tree service trucks and they last if that tells you anything.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I have the Cover King from Cabelas custom fit neopremes Mossy Oak breakup on my front seats and console of my Avalanche. I really live them and am going to get some for the back seat as well. Also have the custom dash cover in Mossy Oak from Cover king

·
Super Moderator
4,535 Posts
Hatchie bottom front seats: 7+ weeks to receive and fit perfect.

Hatchie bottom rear seats: 7+ weeks to receive and didn't fit at all, sent back: 7 more weeks to receive and once again didn't fit at all, digusted, so I sent them back (on their dime) and told them to refund my money...Went with marathon for the back seats and had them within 2-4 weeks and they were much cheaper and fit perfectly, and they matched the hatchie bottom fronts great!

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Marathon all the way.

Have had mone now for 4.5 years and look like new even after as many hunting seasons and many - many home improvement projects where I was dirty, sweaty, and dirty.....

They still retain the original color and are tight as the day i put them on. That even after a washing or two.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I'm now leaning Marathon - anyone know if these things ever go on sale or if they run promotions?

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went with the Marathon to cover the front and back seats in Max-4 camo. Site has a disclaimer that they cant promise delivery before Xmas. Oh well, now the wait.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
You have to wait for custom made seat covers because they don't make them until they are ordered. When I got mine from Cabelas they sent me covers or a different seating set up so I had to send them back and wait twice.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey John,

I understand they are made at time of order. I guess I just wasn't expecting a 2 month + long back log.

Regardless, I'm sure they will be worth it! :)

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Send and email referencing your order. Tell them you decided on them based on HuntingPA.Com member recomendations.

link this post url

Ask how quick they will be finished and shipped.

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ time to finish was over 8 weeks, after Christmas. I canceled my order - I'm going with Headwaters Seat Covers. I'll reply back here after the install to report on the process.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Cabela's Ruff Tuff covers are great! I just took a set off my 2008 Silverado and put them on my new 2014. Great fit extremely durable, water resistant, and the fabric didn't fade. I have the real tree max 4 and they look almost as good as the day I received them.
Take a look at the Wet Okole covers also. They have identical ratings to the ruff tuff and are currently on sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts