The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I expect it to be awesome like all of the previous seasons. I'll probably take off work for 3 weeks starting the last week of October. I'll hunt a ton before that but there's no need for taking full days off. Every year I pick up more intel on where bucks bed and like to come off the mtns. I'm very anxious to try some of the spots I found last year.

·
Registered
8,651 Posts
If I fill a few doe tags early, I anticipate a fun-filled duck, bear and buck season! Otherwise, I'll be trying to help my farmer buddy meet his quota on baldies ....

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
726 Posts
I have the biggest buck to date roaming around the area I hunt alone, it's a nice 10. Put the trail cams up today, hopefully get some decent pics of him, then, Lord willing, get some pics of me harvesting him.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I've got one of my target doe lined up. She has a large growth on the back of her neck right behind her ear. Doesn't seem to be effecting her in any way, though. At this point I'm undecided on the buck. There's a 6 1/2 year old I'm leaning towards even though he won't score well. I've yet to verify he's still alive but I'm already set up on him. He shows up every year in mid October at the same places and I believe I can kill him at will. Although I am curious what his body size will be at 7 & 8. This was him last year.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Gosh I pray the state opens up and everyone gets back to work before archery season.
I had so much extra hunting pressure in spring turkey in my area that I saw and heard zero gobbling after the 3rd day.
There were plenty of birds, but numskulls busting them off the roost every morning on opening week scattered them and then they got real silent and invisible.

I hate to see what happens to the deer in archery season. They will probably get off the ir summer pattern immediately and go nocturnal.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Been seeing a lot of bucks roaming through the property.
Makes taking one on opening day more of a decision.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
That's always the problem. I have opportunities every year if I wanted. Last year due to limited time I took a very nice buck on the first hour of my first hunt. It really sucked to watch the leaves turn and fall in the final 3 weeks of the season.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Been seeing a lot of bucks roaming through the property.
Makes taking one on opening day more of a decision.
Prior to the season I am always concerned that I will be faced with making a decision on shooting a good buck on my first hunt of the season. I love hunting so much, I think I would pass on just about any buck that wasn't a mature monster.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts