The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this has been discussed here before and I am placing it in the habitat forum because it's a nice addition to your food plot. I made this out of a 3" hickory tree, I drilled some 3/4" holes and placed 3 apple branches in the holes. I put a screw on top of the post and used wire from the limbs to the screw to secure the limbs and allow me to adjust the height of the licking branches. I put this in the ground September 28th. I kicked the ground a little and used my own brand of urine. These pictures are all from the 1st night.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
I tried one a couple of years ago. They never did scrape under it, but they did rub it a little during the rut. I used a pine tree for the main truck so that they could use it for a rub tree. I have been thinking about trying it again.

·
Registered
907 Posts
That's a good idea. I have a cedar post out in my field now that I put my camera on. I think I'll add some branches. That's a nice buck you have coming in also.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I do the same but i used the fence post that was all ready there, i just added couple branch's, i can not recall what name of the 3 bottle spray kit i have? it works thats for sure, got lots of video's bucks working it an the bigger buck 13 point chases the other bucks 10 point and a nice 8 point away. Almost daily these same bucks came to it. The smaller bucks would come in too. Couple video's later here comes the 13 point into view chasing them away. They were all night time video's, no day time video's on camera. I do this starting in August.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the Ny plot I just left a couple of iron wood trees standing in the middle of the food plot. I bent them over and used zip ties to secure a hemlock branch again I used my own urine easy and free.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts